Contents of the Training
Course of the Training
- Technology: Which online platform and tools do I use. How and when do I use them?
- Kick-off session: Clarify basics and create a team spirit
- Designing materials for the virtual space: Tips on design, attention spans, and varied media
- Virtual facilitation vs. facilitation in F2F meetings. The importance of listening in tips and rules for integrating and activating participants in meetings
- The importance of voice in the virtual room. Practical exercises on the use of the voice
- Creating closeness and trust in the virtual space: How do I create this?
- Group dynamic processes in virtual collaboration and how the facilitator can react to them
- The influence of cultural imprints and habits on collaboration in multicultural virtual teams: recommendations for action from intercultural practice
- Documentation possibilities and the optimal use of asynchronous and synchronous forms of virtual collaboration
1. 5 modules of 3 hours
each with one trainer. In the first 90 minutes of each module the participants are:
- familiarized with the technology step by step
- learning the difference to face-to-face meetings,
- learning how to plan and design web conferences and which activating methods they can use
- learning how to deal with difficult participants.
2. Each module is followed by a 90-minute, in-depth session in break-out rooms. The trainers are available there as learning process facilitators.
3. Module 6 is dedicated to practical transfer. Participants develop and present their own online meeting sequence in a 3-hour final workshop and receive expert feedback from two experienced online trainers and from the other participants.